Assistant Volleyball Coach
Bemidji State University (BSU) invites qualified applicants to join our team as the Assistant Volleyball Coach. BSU’s vision is to educate people to lead inspired lives. To accomplish BSU’s vision, the University prioritizes creating a culture in which diversity is embraced and all people are safe, welcome, and validated. BSU also prioritizes increasing engagement with Indigenous communities to become a destination university.
BSU is located amid the lakes and forests of northern Minnesota and occupies a wooded campus along the shore of Lake Bemidji. BSU balances rigorous academia with the opportunity to enjoy a fun, robust, outdoor culture. The proximity to the lake and the surrounding north woods allows easy access to an assortment of recreation. Major campus facilities are connected by all-season underground passages for safe and warm travel during the cold, winter months.
Enrolling around 5,000 students, BSU offers more than 70 undergraduate majors and eight graduate degrees encompassing arts, sciences and select professional programs. BSU is a member of the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities and has a faculty and staff of more than 550. BSU’s Shared Fundamental Values include civic engagement and leadership, international and multicultural understanding, belief in the power of the liberal arts, and environmental stewardship.
The BSU Intercollegiate Athletic Department sports programs are a member of Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC), Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) and Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA). BSU sponsors the following NSIC sports teams: football, men and women’s basketball, women’s soccer, volleyball, women’s cross country, women’s indoor and outdoor track and field, softball, baseball, men and women’s golf, and women’s tennis as a member of the NCAA Division II. The WCHA sponsors women’s ice hockey and the CCHA sponsors men’s ice hockey as members of the NCAA Division I. The Athletic department is fully committed to equity and to diversity in our faculty and students.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Volleyball Coach include:
- Knowledge of Coaching Strategies and Coaching Methods.
- Assist with Camps and Clinics.
- Organization and Coordination of Practices/Game Plan.
- Assist with Player Development.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II Rules and NSIC.
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II and NSIC Rules.
- 2 years of coaching volleyball experience.
- Commitment to continuing education and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- 1 year of college volleyball coaching experience.
- Knowledge of and interest in working with diverse cultures and populations.
Apply online: https://bemidjistate.peopleadmin.com/