Direct Support Professional (Bemidji and Laporte Area)
A Direct Support Professional (DSP) implements and coordinates support services to the highest degree in order that persons served might be interdependent members and active participants within the community. A DSP provides direct care to clients based on their individual needs which may include:
- Assisting individuals with dressing, grooming, hygiene, and other daily living functions.
- Assisting individuals with bedtime routines, administering medications, physical therapy, etc.
- Supporting individuals in preparing meals and/or snacks.
- Supporting individuals in cleaning and laundry.
- Assisting individuals in accessing the community and participating in recreation and leisure activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Direct Support Professional must have a high level of sensitivity to the needs of individuals with disabilities and the ability to exercise flexibility and assertiveness, have a positive work ethic, and manage crisis situations effectively and problem solve. A DSP must also be able to work without direct supervision.
Must also be able to meet the following qualifications:
- Possess a valid driver’s license and meet qualifiers to be insured by EON Inc.’s vehicle insurance provider.
- Must not be disqualified by appropriate criminal background studies.
- Complete all orientation and training needs as written in policy.
- Meet the physical requirements as outlined in this position description and physical assessment form (pushing/pulling, lifting, bending, etc.).
- Possess good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Able to read and write in English.
This is an hourly, non-exempt, position reporting to the Community Supports Supervisor. Full time and part time positions available with flexible scheduling to work 8 - 40 hours a week. Morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, and overnight shifts. Includes every other weekend (Saturday and Sunday). EON, Inc is an employee- owned organization, become an employee owner today! Full time employees are eligible for benefits and employee stock ownership.
Prior experience or training not required, but desirable.