Transfer Enrollment Advisor
Position Purpose:The Transfer Enrollment Advisor is the first point of contact for assisting prospective and current transfer students in learning about, applying for, and enrolling primarily in on-campus degree programs, and in connecting with services needed to retain and persist. This position initiates and responds quickly to communications from prospective, newly-admitted, and returning students to address questions, solve problems related to enrollment progression, and provide the tools necessary to be successful from inquiry through the initial term of enrollment and beyond. The Advisor’s primary goals are to grow enrollment of campus-based transfer students, improve early retention outcomes, and improve the connection transfer students feel to BSU’s mission, vision, and shared fundamental values.
The successful candidate must also possess a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a driving history background check.
- RECRUITING (30%)
- Recruits transfer students into undergraduate academic programs, which includes development of and travel to events where prospective students will be. Fields a wide range of inquiries with professionalism, making referrals to internal and external contacts as needed.
- Tracks prospective students from point of inquiry through initial term of enrollment, utilizing appropriate communication modules and CRM systems. Acts quickly upon changes in student status.
- Works directly with BSU academic departments to align recruiting methods with program characteristics, enrollment needs, and transfer student opportunities. Maintains knowledge of all current and upcoming University programs. Appropriately responds or refers student inquiries, including admissions requirements and processes for each program.
- Acquires advanced knowledge of the principles, policies, and processes required to build and maintain an efficient and effective recruiting and admissions process for the nursing department, specific to the RN-BS program. Collaborates with BSU Nursing staff on the recruiting of RN-BS students.
- ENROLLING and RETAINING (50%)
- Advises inquiry, applied, and admitted students regarding program criteria and expectations; testing requirements; pre-major and liberal education planning; transfer issues and policies; and assists with arranging in-person and virtual campus visits. Ensures that students receive prompt and accurate information from inquiry through initial term of enrollment. Maintains an ongoing relationship beyond the point of inquiry.
- Provides first-term registration advising at the time the transfer evaluation has been completed and delivered to the student. Develops personalized transfer summaries to help students understand their degree progress and starting point at BSU.
- Acts as a representative and advocate in conversations between transfer students and BSU faculty to help resolve course substitutions, equivalencies, and credit for prior learning requests.
- Plans and facilitates spring on-site registrations, transfer advising and registration (AAR), and new student orientation events.
- Manages program application processing operations for the RN-BS nursing off-site program.
- BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS (10%)
- Provides internal and external outreach, including communication and relationship-building activities with BSU departments and faculty, and with a diverse group of representatives from partner colleges and universities.
- Travels and uses technology to interact with, build relationships with, and influence external transfer partners.
- Maintains knowledge of transfer pathways and agreements by communicating and working with the Transfer Partnership Coordinator, Records & Registration, and Transfer Team personnel.
- Communicates with and seeks additional information from teams and supervisor when issues and trends appear in enrollment bottlenecks, course availability/sequence, data needs, partnerships, student complaints, and other issues and opportunities.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (10%)
- Participates in various internal committees such as Enrollment Marketing, Admissions Team, Transfer Team, and others. Joins and collaborates with Minnesota State system office committees and workgroups where appropriate. Joins and collaborates with external professional groups like AACRAO, NACAC, and others.
- Assists with the hiring, training, and scheduling of student employees.
- Builds and maintains familiarity with University student information systems and access student information to provide assistance as required. This includes CRM software, eServices, ISRS, MnTransfer and MnTC, Transferology, ImageNow, D2L Brightspace, and DARS, among others.
- Other duties as assigned, such as conference attendance, professional development opportunities, committee work, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your application and/or resume clearly demonstrate fulfillment of the following minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Two or more years of related experience.
- Attainment of, or progress inan advanced degree (committed to personal/professional development).
- Knowledge and experience working with institutions of higher education.
- Experience helping students overcome transfer issues, and with transfer credit policy and procedures.
- Working knowledge of or familiarity with a variety of software/programs such as Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS), Integrated Statewide Record System (ISRS), Transfer (MN Transfer), Transferology, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Demonstrates a knowledge of, an interest in, or experience with, diverse cultures and populations.
- Tuition waiver is available upon hire, which allows staff to further their education by taking courses at BSU or any other Minnesota State university!
- Tuition waiver is also available to the member’s spouse or dependent children.
If you have general questions about this posting or submitting an application, contact Teresa Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org