Northwest Technical College (NTC) invites applicants to join our team as an Adjunct or Temporary Part-time English Faculty member. To accomplish our mission of “preparing students for rewarding careers”, we prioritize creating a culture in which diversity is embraced and all people are safe, welcome, and validated. NTC has prepared students for fulfilling careers in high-demand fields for more than 50 years. The college’s accessible, affordable, hands-on programs also help the region’s employers meet their ever-growing need for a highly skilled workforce. NTC serves more than 1,000 students with an excellent education, an open-enrollment policy and affordable tuition. Students may pursue nearly 40 degree, diploma and certificate programs in six distinct career paths. Classes are offered on campus, online, or as a combination of both. NTC is a member of the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities.
Responsibilities of English Faculty include:
- Teaching online and in-person English courses following the established curriculum, course outlines, and schedules.
- Engaging in the established curriculum and course outlines.
- Striving to incorporate evidence-based practice and participating in continual quality improvement.
- Maintaining and submitting necessary student records according to published guidelines.
- Participating in professional development.
- Contributing to a program of scholarship, student advising, service to the College and community.
- Working cooperatively with individuals/groups in various agency settings.
- Enjoying the opportunity to participate in college governance, committees, and accreditation.
- Education Requirement
- Master's degree with a major in English or a Master's degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter credits) in English.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Experience with D2L BrightSpace.
- Professional communication skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.