Construction Electrician Faculty
NORTHWEST TECHNICAL COLLEGE (NTC) invites qualified applicants to join our team as a full-time Construction Electrician faculty member, also known as CONE faculty. To accomplish our mission of “preparing students for rewarding careers”, we prioritize creating a culture in which diversity is embraced and all people are safe, welcome, and validated. NTC has prepared students for fulfilling careers in high-demand fields for more than 50 years. The college’s accessible, affordable, hands-on programs also help the region’s employers meet their ever-growing need for a highly skilled workforce. NTC serves more than 1,000 students with an excellent education, an open-enrollment policy and affordable tuition. Students may pursue nearly 40 degree, diploma and certificate programs in six distinct career paths. Classes are offered on campus, online, or as a combination of both. NTC is a member of the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities.
The NTC Electrical Construction program offers an Electrical Construction & Maintenance Diploma or an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree, and NTC has an amazing overall placement rate of 100%! In this program, students learn to build, install, maintain and repair electrical systems that provide heat, light and/or power to residential, commercial and industrial structures. Some students will also venture into green energy technologies and sustainable residential electricity, so they’re prepared to work in emerging energy careers.
Responsibilities of CONE faculty members include:
- Teaching assigned Electrical and related program/courses in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
- Performing technical work within the college setting, assisting learners, and advising students within the program.
- Participating in college governance, committees and task forces.
- Maintaining necessary attendance, scholastic and student records, and submits records according to published guidelines.
- Participating in professional development, advisory board meetings, student and other educational activities in accordance with college policy.
- Contributing to a program of scholarship within the discipline, student advising, service to the College and community, and other associated faculty duties.
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Education Requirement
- Two-year diploma in an electrician program or completion of a registered electrician apprenticeship program.
- Occupational Experience Requirement
- Four full-time (or equivalent) years of verified related paid work experience as a licensed electrician in residential and commercial.
- Recency Requirement
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) post-secondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Professional Requirement
- State of Minnesota Class A Journeyman Electrician License
Preferred qualifications include:
- Strong working knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, an interest in, or experience with, diverse cultures and populations.
For further details or to apply online: https://ntcmn.peopleadmin.com/