Assistant/Associate Professor of Counseling/Clinical Psychology
APPOINTMENT DATE: August 17, 2021
JOB TYPE: Full-time Probationary Tenure Track
The candidate would be expected to:
- Teach both on-campus and online courses in undergraduate psychology that may include, but are not limited to, Counseling and Crisis Skills, Behavioral and Cognitive Interventions, Group Processes and the potential development of courses such as, multicultural & indigenous perspectives on family systems, communities, and/or trauma and other courses as related to their area of expertise.
- Teach other core psychology courses within the curriculum as needed.
- Contribute to student growth and development by establishing a program of scholarship within the discipline, providing student advising and internship supervision, and promoting a supportive climate for a diverse student population.
- Provide interdisciplinary involvement in activities that support Bemidji State University's signature themes: Environmental Stewardship, Civic Engagement, Global/Multicultural Understanding.
- Contribute to a collegial and supportive environment that advances the goals of the department, including curriculum development, assessment, and other departmental governance activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your application and/or resume clearly demonstrate fulfillment of the following minimum qualifications)
- Earned doctorate in Psychology (Counseling, Clinical) or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution at the start of employment.
- The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in working with diverse cultures and populations, including nontraditional and underrepresented students.
- Ability to integrate diversity and cultural content in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Expertise in Indigenous/American Indian communities, and/or racial and ethnic minorities, and/or marginalized communities, and/or disabilities.
- Ability to design and deliver online courses.
- Evidence of supporting student research.
CLICK HERE for further details or application instructions!
If you have general questions about this posting or submitting an application, contact Teresa Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org