Land Survey Technician
As a Land Survey Technician at Widseth, you’ll obtain data for a variety of projects such as residential and commercial survey projects, boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, subdivision platting, easement exhibits, flood insurance surveys, split lot surveys, commercial and parking staking. If you love variety of projects along with working outdoors, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Your focus will be:
- Searching for section corners, property stakes, and survey points under the direction of a land surveyor or engineer.
- Comparing survey computations with applicable standards to determine adequacy, compliance, and quality of data.
- Preparing topographic and contour maps of land surveyed, including site features and other relevant information such as charts, drawings, and survey notes in timely manner to ensure meeting deadlines.
- Interacting with clients and/or contractors, therefore, teamwork and excellent communication are key.
- Associates degree in Land Surveying, Civil Technology, or 2+ years related experience.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Knowledge of survey equipment such as GPS, Total Station and Automatic level.
- Valid driver’s license.
Widseth provides work-life balance by offering competitive compensation, discretionary annual profit-sharing, bonuses, health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid time off and paid holidays.