Do you think tools rule and don't mind getting a little dirt on your hands in your day job? Are you looking to work for a growing company with excellent pay and benefits that invests in their employees' wellbeing and development and promotes having a work-life balance with PTO you start earning from day 1, daytime hours, and most weekends and holidays off? Do you love to solve a problem and have never met an engine you couldn't fix? If so, do your best work with Acme Tools as an experienced Service Technician.
About Acme Tools:
For 75 years, Acme Tools has continued to be a premier retailer of tools and equipment at our 14 locations in North Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa and online by serving contractors, woodworkers, and do-it-yourselfers with a wide selection of tools and equipment from all the major manufacturers. As a family-owned operation, we are employee-centric, family-friendly, community-involved, and growth-minded.
You’ll Enjoy Our:
- Work-Life Balance – Evenings, most weekends, and holidays off
- On-the-Job Training
- Professional Development Training and Programs
- Competitive Pay – We pay depending on your experience
- Generous PTO – Start earning PTO on your first day
- Paid Holidays – We are closed on the 6 major holidays of the year
- Maternity Leave partially paid through our Short-term Disability
- Work Environment – Everyone takes pride in their work and can see their impact on the company
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
We Also Provide:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans to fit any lifestyle and family
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Accident, Cancer, and Critical Illness supplemental insurance programs
- 100% company-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching
- 100% company-paid Group Life Insurance 1x your annual wage
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Tools and Safety Gear as needed
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and gas and diesel engines
- Performing service calls on the road and communicating with customers about the status and location of repairs needed
- Cleaning up tools and work areas after each project, keeping indoor and outdoor workstations clean and clear from obstructions, and maintaining clean and working service trucks
- Maintaining a safe and secure work environment by adhering to and striving to improve safety standards and reporting any suspicious activity
- Clearly communicating with the Service Supervisor and Parts department to ensure parts are ordered and received in a timely manner
- Accurately record keeping, including parts ordered and hours worked on equipment
- Completing related tasks as assigned
This position will be scheduled to work full-time hours Monday through Friday and the 3rd Saturday of each month.
- A valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- 10+ years of mechanical experience
- Previous experience working with DC voltage controls, hydraulics, and gas and diesel engines
- The willingness to work indoors and outdoors in all seasons
We’d Love if You Have:
- Computer skills
- Customer service skills
- Lift up to 75 lbs.
- Stand and walk for the majority of your shift
- Frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
*Employment offers are contingent on a drug screen and background check.
Acme Tools is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more? Interested in our other career opportunities? Go to www.acmetools.jobs to see our available positions and apply today!