Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce - Assistant Director
Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce
Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce – Assistant Director
City Summary: The Good Life by the Lake
Voted Best MN Town – In Bemidji, you can strike the perfect work-life balance. Our community has all the regional center amenities to support your business and workforce, while maintaining the small-town beauty and character that make this place “home.”
Make no mistake, Bemidji isn’t a sleepy, rural, up north tourist town. The region has one of the state’s fastest growing and most vibrant economies. What sets Bemidji apart?
- How about gigabit broadband region-wide through one of the most advanced all-fiber networks in the nation?
- Or our two flights daily to and from Minneapolis, providing convenient connections to the world?
- Perhaps it’s the over 1,000 talented graduates entering the workforce each year?
- Or maybe it’s the vibrancy of our downtown, fueled by an emerging young entrepreneur community?
- Or a growing health care system in Sanford Health that both a Heart and Vascular Care Center and a new “Joe Lueken Cancer Care Center.”
- Or is it the Sanford Regional Events Center, which hosts Bemidji State University’s Division I hockey program and concerts such as Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, Wynonna Judd and Jake Owen.
Come see Minnesota’s emerging regional center for yourself. We’d love to have you here!
The full-time Assistant Director will support the President in the management and operation of the Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce with the primary responsibility of membership sales and sponsorships. The Assistant Director works under the direct supervision of the President, makes decisions consistent with our mission “To serve our members and advocate for our business community,” demonstrates fiscal responsibility of the Chamber, and consistently demonstrates exceptional customer service and relationship building skills.
Our Mission is: To serve our members and advocate for our business community.
The Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
- Ensures the mission of the Chamber is at the forefront of every decision made.
- Works with President to ensure all Chamber operations are conducted in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
- Assists in maintain the financial stability of the Chamber through proper accounting practices and timely collection of membership dues.
- Assists the President, Chamber Board and volunteers to achieve the Chamber goals and objectives.
- Assists in researching and executing new revenue streams for the Chamber.
- Meets with and maintains positive relationships with members.
- Recruits new members (membership sales) and fosters relationships to grow the Chamber base.
- Assists existing members with growth and sponsorship opportunities, education & programming.
- Maintains a strong positive relationship with members of the Bemidji Alliance.
- Produces, oversees and/or assists with various events, including, but not limited to Business After Hours, Ribbon Cuttings, Luncheons, Dragon Boat Races, Bemidji Day at the Capital, Awards of Excellence, etc. Additional events may be added.
- Produces, oversees and/or assists with various programming, including, but not limited to Young Professionals Network (YPN), HR Connections, CEO in the Classroom, Professional Development Luncheons, GrowMN. Additional programs may be added.
- Assists in negotiating with outside producers, suppliers, and vendors for events and programming.
- Provides energetic and positive leadership of volunteers.
- Represents the Chamber of Commerce at various community events, meetings, and special appearances while maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
- Composes, types and edits correspondence and posts/replies, reports, newsletters, flyers and other material with integrity while using professional judgement as to content, accuracy, and completeness. Ensures all communication and correspondence is consistent with our mission.
- Assists in marketing and public relations duties and maintaining a vibrant and informative website and social media presence.
- Additional duties as assigned by the President.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
- Must be willing to work a flexible non-traditional schedule that may include some nights, weekends, and holidays
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience required; preferred certifications include: Certified Chamber Executive (CCE) and Certified Economic Developer (CEcD)
- Chamber, non-profit or association-related experience preferred
- Experience in budgeting, P&L management
- Special-event production, planning, budgeting, and sales and marketing experience
- Possess skills in attracting and leading volunteers
- Excellent ability to organize and coordinate tasks
- Successful management of multiple tasks and duties simultaneously is essential
- Ensures excellent quality and professional service and communication in-person, telephone/Skype, email communications, social media, and through direct mail to membership, local citizens, businesses and visitors
- Ability to interact with members, the public and colleagues in a tactful and pleasant manner including in stressful situations
- Excellent skills in gathering and presenting information and data
- Great attention to detail
- Proficient in MS office and knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Capable of maintaining sensitive and confidential information
- Committed to one’s ongoing professional development
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications plus commission
- Benefits package that includes paid time off, and 401K matching up to 3%
Applications will be accepted until the position fills. Please submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and Professional Refences through one of the following:
- Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce
Bemidji, MN 56619
- Email Deb@Bemidji.org place this in the subject line of your email: Bemidji Chamber Assistant Director Position
- Further Chamber information is available at https://www.bemidji.org/
- Further community information is available at https://www.greaterbemidji.com/ and https://www.bemidjitruenorth.org/